CBSE class 8 plays an important in shaping the career of a student. In this class, the students are introduced to all the basic concepts that they will require in future classes. In class 8 science the students are taught about microorganisms, coals and petroleum, combustion and flame, conservation of plants and animals, structure and functioning of a cell.
CBSE Class 8th Syllabus
The CBSE or Central Board of Secondary Education is a national level education board of India for private and public schools. The CBSE is managed and controlled by the union government of India. There are more than 20732 schools affiliated in India and more than 25 schools in foreign countries. The schools affiliated with CBSE are asked to follow the NCERT curriculum and textbooks. The NCERT curriculum and textbooks are prepared and designed on the basis of latest syllabus prescribed by CBSE. To help students, we have provided the class 8 syllabus for science and mathematics.
CBSE Class 8 Study Materials
Good study material is the key to success for any examination. The NCERT books for class 8 has covered all the necessary topics which are required to study in class 8. The NCERT books are one of the most preferred books among the students of class 8.
CBSE Class 8 Textbooks
CBSE Class 8 Exam Pattern
- As per the latest CBSE exam pattern, there will be 2 sessions in a year.
- Term 1 will be of 100 marks in which 20 marks is for periodic assessment and 80 marks for half yearly exam.
- Term 2 will be 100 marks in which 20 marks is for periodic assessment and 80 marks for yearly exam.
Periodic Assessment of 20 marks for term 1 and term 2
- Periodic Test 10 marks with syllabus covered till date.
- 5 Marks for notebook submission at term end.
- Subject Enrichment 5 marks at term end.
Half Yearly Exam
- Written exam for 80 marks with syllabus covered till date.
- Entire syllabus of 2nd term + 30% of 1st term covering significant topics.
Visit us for latest CBSE updates and notifications, we also provide latest CBSE syllabus for better understanding and preparation.