CBSE class 10 is one of the important phase of a students life, as it is the first national level external examination of a students life. The marks scored in class 10th board examination plays a vital role in a students life. The marks scored in class 10 decides in which stream or department you can study in class 11.
The Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE is an educational board for both private and public schools which is managed and controlled by Union Government of India. CBSE is one of the most extensive educational board in the world which affiliates more than 20732 schools in India, and more than 25 schools in foreign nations. Apart from conducting the school level exams CBSE also conducts many national level competitive exams in India.
Class 10 CBSE Exam Pattern
- According to the latest exam pattern, CBSE will conduct only one exam i.e the Annual Examination based on the entire syllabus.
- The annual examination conducted by CBSE will be of 80 marks for the written exam and 20 marks weightage shall be for internal assessment.
- The internal assessment is divided into various parts: Notebook Submission (5 marks), Subject Enrichment Activities (5 marks) and Periodic Test (5 marks).
- Class 10 students have to study six subjects – Science, Mathematics, Social Science, any two languages and physical education.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus
The class 10 syllabus has been published for the new academic session. The revised class 10 syllabus issued by new circular is applicable for all the public and private schools which are affiliated to CBSE. Here we have provided the latest CBSE syllabus for class 10. Visit the below link to download the latest CBSE Syllabus.
Class 10 Textbooks
Grading Pattern in Class 10
- In class 10 board examination students are awarded grades instead of marks.
- The result of a student will be declared in two categories A) QUAL – Eligible for Qualifying Certificate B) EIOP – Eligible for Improvement of Performance.
Stay tuned to mycbsestudy for latest notifications free study materials for class 10.